Monday, February 2, 2015

Venezuela Day 1

La Estancia
Venezuela Soccer Stadium
Day 1
As I strolled out the airport on June 3, I was greeted by Spanish and taxis.  The first thing I did is convert some American dollars into Venezuelan Bolivares.  After this, I rented a taxi to go to my hotel to drop my things off.  I stayed at Mini Apartamentos El Paraiso Caracas.  It is only 1.4km from downtown Caracas.  On the way there I saw vibrant and colorful favelas, built on the sides of mountains.  As I near the city, I saw towering skyscrapers and people walking up and down the sidewalks.  Once I finally arrived, I was amazed at the view from my apartment.  I could see the lush mountains towering over the city and buildings.  I have heard that steak dominates Venezuelan cuisine so I headed over to La Estancia as they are well known for their authenticity.  It is located in a hacienda with a wood interior.  After I finished the juicy steak, I headed over to the soccer stadium to watch Honduras vs. Venezuela.  The outside of the stadium was bright and lively.  The inside was even brighter, filled with Venezuelans excited for the match.  I got to hear and participate in Venezuelan chants and soccer traditions.  I left the match disappointed for the score was Honduras 2 Venezuela 1.  Exhausted from my 7 hour flight and watching a great game of soccer, I am ready to go to sleep and recharge for tomorrow’s day of adventures, so

Hasta Mañana.  

View from my apartment




No comments:

Post a Comment