Monday, February 2, 2015

Barbados Day 3








Day 3

SS Stavronikita 
Today is my last day in Barbados.  I decided to go scuba diving for the day.  Scuba diving is phenomenal in Barbados.  One of the most famous diving sites is where the SS Stavronikita sank.  I decided to dive here.  My dive
Fish I saw while scuba diving
instructor was named Pablito.  Pablito was extremely nice and gave me the safety course before we went scuba diving.  Then after the course, we went diving.  It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen down there.  There was a multitude of different types of fish I have never seen before.  Also, we got to explore inside a sunken ship.  Fish were swimming in and around the ship, which was really fascinating.  The water was a bit murky near the ship because of the piled up algae and rust on the railings and top deck of the ship.  There were also turtles.  I got to touch one.  The coral was vibrant green, red, and orange.  The fish were different shades of blue, yellow, and black.  I also ended up seeing a manta ray.  The ride back to shore was very saddening.  I was extremely distraught that I had to leave and my adventures to Venezuela, Honduras, and Barbados were all over.  This trip was so much fun and some parts were life-changing.  If you ever have a chance to go to one of these countries, you should because they have so much culture, diversity, and exotic things to reveal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment